By now, everybody gets it. We understand the benefits of reusable bags, other than being environmentally friendly, it can be less of a hassle to use these bags as opposed to the paper or plastic bags the store provides.
But if you’re like me, you sometimes forget your promotional reusable bags and leave them in the trunk of your car or at home. It’s so frustrating when this happens because I miss an opportunity to be kind to our planet — not to mention gain exposure for my favorite brands and avoid having to pay for the store’s plastic disposable bags!
With that in mind, here are a few tips to help you remember your reusable bags:
- Establish a way to reward yourself every time you remember your promotional reusable bags. For instance, when you remember to bring your reusable bags with you, enjoy some retail therapy and buy yourself a special treat or prize at the store.
- Set your reusable bags near your front door, car keys or shoes when you know you’re about to make a trip to the store.
- Add a reminder or create a calendar alert on your phone so you remember your reusable bags. I go to the store on Saturday mornings, so I set an alert to remind me to bring my bags.
- When you get in the car, put your bags on the passenger seat (if you’re alone). If they’re in the trunk, they’re “out of sight, out of mind,” therefore easier to forget.
- If you keep your shopping list on paper, write “bring reusable bags” at the top and star it.
- Keep multiple sets of reusable bags. So if one set of bags is in the washer, you’ll have an extra set or two to fall back on.
- After you unpack your groceries, make it a habit to throw your promotional reusable bags into the washing machine and use an alternate set of promotional bags to put back in your car trunk or wherever you store them.